Pages

January 7, 2010

time to start writing

Well, I've been putting this off for about the last 10 years, so I guess there's no time like the present with the start of a new year and a fresh coat of red polish on the nails. Yes, it's true, I'm going to start blogging. This is just the beginning folks, of yet, another distraction, and undoubtedly a waste of the next few minutes of your life. But maybe in the posts to come, some may be funny, some may be sad, and some may even give you something to ponder about... but don't hold your breath.

Since being at work for the past four hours, I'm pretty sure I have only received three phone calls, which is really unheard of. So, I just thought that I would give my writing skills some much needed practice. So here we go...

me at work... thrilling i know

Just a few vitals:
I spend my days as shown in the picture above, working as a licensed Insurance Agent for a small family owned agency. My amazing husband (of a little over 1 year) is in his last year of school at Portland State University working on his Bachelor's degree in English and Classical Studies minor. He is also a peer mentor at the University and enjoys meeting with 36 students twice a week in three small group sessions. We are both involved with our church, Solid Rock, where we both serve and worship our Savior, Jesus Christ. Our life is full, but it is a joy, as we turn to our Lord each morning and enjoy time with Him. That's the nuts and bolts of us.

I do need to make one important note, unless otherwise indicated these posts are not written nor proof-read by my husband, the educated one. If they were, they may not have made it this far.

Now that we have that awkward introduction over with, I want to thank you for checking in with The Doucet's as they live, love and learn... (a lot of learning..). Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment