Pages

July 2, 2010

granola bars

I found this recipe for granola bars online a few months ago and we haven't gotten tired of them yet! I've made a few additions and improvised a little. Well, I'm pretty sure I've never made them the same way twice. Hope you like them, we sure do!


2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup minced flax
3/4 cup raisins
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup any kind of nuts. (I use something different every time and toast them in the oven)

Mix dry ingredients together. Then add the follow wet ingredients.

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

Mix together and pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Then, cut into bars and place on cooling rack. They may be a little gooey at first, but once they finish cooling completely, they will be harder.

I've been making a few batched at a time and freezing the extras. They are great to put in a lunch for Ryan and I like to take one to work for a mid-morning snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment