Pages

August 18, 2010

mid summer re-cap

What? Summer is almost over?

I can’t honestly believe that August is half way over. I’m a tad sad about this fact and a little annoyed… can’t say I really have anything so show for the past couple months but my pasty white skin from being locked up in my office all day long!

I guess it hasn’t been all that bad, but it has gone by fast!

We’ve been keeping busy of course. Ryan is so, so close to being done with school! Only a few more classes to finish up and it will finally be over!! I’m so proud of him! He has worked so hard.

We’ve been working on a few projects around the house, finishing some old ones, starting some new ones.

The yard is finally done! Ryan finished that up a few months and ago and we have been enjoying the summer with green grass in our backyard! We’ve rewarded ourselves with a few back-yard BBQ dates with friends and family.


Another project we started around the house was our bedroom. We (mostly Ryan) painted our room at the beginning of the summer. Since our room is SO small, about 9’ x 12’, we really don’t have much room for anything. I had this idea to use these old wooden fruit crates for night stands. My sister came over and helped motivate me to get them cleaned and painted. Thanks Ellie! I painted them white to match the other white things that we will have in our room. I don’t think they look so bad, and they were free, so I really can’t complain. They are perfect for our small space!





Of course, it hasn’t been all work and no play. Ryan and I have taken the opportunity on a few of our Friday night dates to walk from our house to the Fanno Creek Brew Pub in downtown Tigard. It’s about 3.50 miles round trip on the Fanno Creek Trails. We take Rougie with us, sit outside at rustic picnic tables, taste the brews and share a meal together. I’ve really enjoyed those times!

My little (actually not so little) brother Jacob graduated from high school this year and is getting ready to move down to Eugene this fall to attend the University of Oregon. I can’t believe my little brother is going to college, it just barely seems possible! He is so smart and is going to have a blast! I’m very proud of him!

Speaking of family, my other brother Joseph got engaged! He and his bride to be, Nikki are busy planning a wedding for early this fall!

We’ve also done a lot with friends like wine tasting, going to the movies, garage sales, bike rides, Tiki Tuesdays, BBQ’s with good friend, and of course camping with our house church!




It's been a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment