Pages

February 4, 2010

yummy banana nut bread

It's nothing new, but since I seem to be unable to eat all the banana's that I buy before they go bad, I freeze the ones that start to turn brown until I have collected about three or so, and then I make some banana nut bread.
When I was in collage, my roommates and I would make this amazingly delicious banana bread. It was so good. Honestly, I remember the batter more then the finished product, but I'm sure it was good too. Unfortunately, the recipe is nowhere to be found. But, just the other day I noticed a recipe for Banana Bread on the back of my flour sack. I mean, what better place to find all my recipe's, right?

So, I thought I would give it a try. I made them in these little mini loaf pans so I could share them with family and friends. It's called, "Best-Ever Banana Bread" so I thought I'd share....

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)

1. Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms of 2 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2. In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and nuts until moistened. Pour batter into pans.
3. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove form pans to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. You're sharing them with family???!! Way to go, niece! :)

    ReplyDelete