Pages

April 21, 2010

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

Little projects around the house are truly never ending. Our bigger project is our little yard. Extending the patio, leveling the ground, laying sod, and digging the dryer vent out from the ground so that it can vent properly. This has been a very slow project over the last few weeks as time that is lacking and the weather won't coordinate their efforts for us.





This is really Ryan's project, but I do try and help. First Ryan had to tackle the roof since the gutters were clogged and the roof growing moss. Ryan's back took the brunt of the pain as it soaked up the sun for three hours. The picture truly does no justice to how burnt this man's back really was.

I am enjoying the season as I pull out my gardening gloves and dust off the watering pot. In a few week I will plant some flowers in the front. For now, I have planted four herbs from seeds, parsley, basil, oregano and thyme. The parsley (my least favorite) is doing great while the oregano seems to be non-existent. I have never planted from seeds before, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. We'll see how it goes.


I also started some flowers from seeds that I friend gave me in these little pots that I got at Ikea. It will be fun to see how those turn out too!


Last night I fixed a new recipe that I made up and it was really good. And, since it was so easy and fast it's my kind of meal! Plus, Ryan was kinda drooling over it, so it's a keeper for sure! I'll share it with you.


Chicken Pesto Pizza with Mozzarella Cheese, Red Bell Peppers and Sun Dried Tomatoes


Ingredients

One 12 oz. ball of store bought pizza dough

One Chicken Breast

One Red Bell Pepper - cut into slices

Sun Dried Tomatoes - cut into bit size pieces

Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - about 2 cups

Salt and Pepper

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Lemon Pepper Seasoning

2-3 T. Pesto Sauce

Olive Oil

Shredded Parmesan Cheese - about 1/2 cup


Preheat over to 450 degrees.


1. Season Chicken Breast with salt, pepper and lemon seasonings. Cook through. Let cool for 5 minutes. Shred chicken.


2. Roll Pizza dough on a floured board until fairly thin. Place dough on greased pizza pan. Rub with a small amount of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper.


3. In medium bowl mix shredded chicken with 2-3 tablespoons of Pesto Sauce. If it seems dry, add a little olive oil. Salt & Pepper to taste.


4. Layer chicken on pizza dough, then add shredded mozzarella, then layer with sliced red bell peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan cheese.


5. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.


That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment