Pages

January 31, 2013

kale chips

It was a quarter past 8 this morning as I stood in front of the self-check-out register at Fred Meyers, quickly scanning and weighing my items in order to get to work by 8:30.

The self-checkout master at Freddy’s came around the corner (we’re friends now since I go there all-the-time) and I asked him if he knew the code for the bunch of Kale I just pulled from my basket.
Of course he did - he knows all the specials codes!
From the next register over, another self checker also on her way to work from my assessment, shoots over in my direction “Do you made kale chips with your kale?’’
Did she seriously just read my mind?
Of course I was making kale chips with my kale, what better way is there? Really?
I love popcorn, and so does my friend Bethany. But recently, Bethany decided to go Paleo. She’s healthy. Me… ehh… I try. But, unfortunately for Bethany, popcorn on the Paleo diet is a big no no, so tonight she is coming over to my house and I’m going to make her Kale chips, because to me it’s kinda like popcorn, only green, and better!
Okay, off to make my kale chips. You should too; all that crunchy, salty, hit of oil in your mouth goodness!
You will feel like you’re doing something wrong, but of course, you’re not.
 


Kale Chips
Ingredients:
One bunch of Kale – wash and torn into bite sized pieces
Drizzle of olive oil
Dash of seasoned salt

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place kale pieces on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with seasoned salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the chips start to turn brown. Watch that they don’t burn. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment